Pages

Thursday 28 April 2011

Dambustas 40k 3

Well.

The boards have been repainted and had a couple of coats of lacquer.

I took the colour I wanted into the DIY store and they mixed up a pot of paint to match it, or at least they did in theory. It hasn't quite turned out like that. To begin with the paint was basically a brown, I hoped when it dried it would change colour to the dark green with a mild blue tint to it. In fairness it did, but so dark that the boards are almost black.

I'm not painting these again, probably. I may in the future get another paint mixed up, this time one that dries so you can actually see the green in it more.

Bit of a bitch to photograph as they are so reflective. Out of the sunlight they appear too dark, in the light you just get a lot of white.

Best I could do...



Bommer not painted by me...
So a mixed success overall. The boards look better, thanks to the repair work and getting rid of the horrible blue. But the new colour is far from perfect. I can see me redoing them again at a later date.

3 comments:

  1. I realise this is an oldie, but I just found out about it through the Ammobunker topic, and I had to compliment you.

    For the record as well, as someone who lives next to the Firth of Fourth, your water looks spot-on for any open body in the north on a calm day; it really is that cruddy :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. yodhrinsforge: For some reason your comments haven't shown up, but as I got the email notification i'll reply...

    Thanks very much, i've got no problem in people commenting on an old blog entry!

    I'm still not 100% sold on the water colour but I like it more than I did when I first did it. Glad to hear the Firth is so cruddy my board looks like real water!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.