Friday 28 October 2011

Recalcitrant Daze - Unusually Quiet Recently

Things have been a bit quiet when it comes to getting updates up, this is down to a few reasons which I will now lay out in front of you…

  1. I have been busy helping to put in a new kitchen so any modelling time has come down to just an hour or two each day.
  2. I am working on a few Looted Wagons for an article for Bell of Lost Souls, which unfortunately means they won’t show up on RD till after the article goes up and there is a couple of weeks work at least before then.
Sneak look at the first Looted Wagon.

  1. I have been reading the last part of the ‘Malazan Book of the Fallen’ series by Steven Erikson …which I finally finished this evening…

That was a lot of pages to get through. After all these years following the series I feel a bit lost...

...but these turned up today so I’ve got something to read:

I should have some time free soon to get some work done on the Kans. The bases have been done and as I have already built the legs I should be able to get the bits done so far all assembled in an evening:

And on another note...

As I mentioned earlier I am working on another article for Bell of Lost Souls, however I did put together an article about building Da Choppa - you can have a read of it here.

Tuesday 18 October 2011

Ork Dread Mob 5

I was away over the weekend so unsurprisingly no work was done on anything.

But this evening I put the legs together for the Kans, roughed up the plastic and replaced 90% of the rivets. Removed some odd looking spikes and a few plates got added. Not much really but it is time consuming.

The legs and feet are just blu-tac'd together. The next job (already started) will be to do the bases so I can then glue the legs and feet together in the pose I want. Once they are done I can crack on with the engine blocks then the arms.

Thursday 13 October 2011

Ork Dread Mob 4

Well as expected the 'plan' didn't hold up well.

Started building some Killa Kans...

As with the Dreads the Kans need to be modified to fit in with my converted tanks, as such they take a lot longer than simply out of the box. Need to distress all the plates, replace rivets and make them more individual.

Quite a lot left to do obviously, will probably tackle the legs and feet next.

Sunday 9 October 2011

Defstrike Rokkit Launcha 3

The Rokkit is almost done. Still need to do a few details, especially on the Grot and his controls. I won't be adding much in the way of rust or oils as unlike the tanks the rokkit won't have been knocking around for long, it is afterall built to just blow up as soon as possible (preferably after it has been launched).

The exhaust and the direction thrusters will get some oils to darken them as I am sure the Meks would of done some test firings, just for a laugh and to cook some squig.

Recalcitrant Daze - Six Months and Counting...

Six months gone; how time seems to pass us by.

The past month was something of a mixed bag, perfectly summed up by Games Day UK. 

Games Day had a few good points but many bad ones as well. As I said in the post here I doubt I will be going next year.

On the good side the deadline of Games Day meant I got Da Choppa finished. Combined with making a start on the Deffstrike Rokkit Launcha last month was a very productive one. On the other hand since Games Day I have done almost nothing due to illness. The BFG ships I picked up on the day have been started but instead of being all finished by this weekend as I expected I haven’t even finished building them, let alone got paint on them.

The article I was going to do for Bell of Lost Souls has remained on the drawing board only as well.

So the hope is next month the production level will rise...

Plan (which will with 100% certainty change a lot over the month to the point that it is almost worthless):

1.    Finish Renegade Marine Ships for BFG.
2.    Finish Rokkit & start working on the Launcha vehicle
3.    Loot vehicle for Bell Of Lost Souls article

Unfortunately one weekend will be a wash out due to being away and I have also made commitments to help put a new kitchen such model time will be limited...

Fingers crossed at least one thing on that plan gets done.

Tuesday 4 October 2011

Battlefleet Gothic 15

Not finished but the Renegade Marine ships I picked up at Games Day are on their way.

I want them to be a bit different to the other ships, but still fit in with them. So I am not going to add any superglue/sugar mix to them but I will do GS as on the other ships - but not limit it to the underside of the ships.

The two Strike Cruisers have had the Inquisitor 'I' shaped bridges removed and spare plastic ones added in their place.

Still some cleaning up to do (especially on the escorts) and more GS to add.

Sunday 2 October 2011

Deffstrike Rokkit Launcha 2

The basic colours are now on the Rokkit. Decided I am going to do the Rokkit first then work on the Launcha, seems a bit less daunting that way.

Decided to add some more colour by doing the cockpit in red, also added some white for the cheques and some glyphs on the underside. Don't want to add too much to take away from the black/yellow scheme, but it needed something extra.