Sunday, 27 November 2011

Hell Blades of Nurgle

I decided to pluck for a project I have had half done for a while (one of far too many), namely my two Hell Blades.

I do love the Hell Blade, though it probably ties with the Thunderbolt and Marauder Destroyer as my favourite 40k Aircraft.

Before today these two had most of the GS done as well as the bases all done. I returned to them today to do more GS, adding the sugar/superglue (like on the War Altar of Nurgle - another project I need to finish) and to use the Dremel to add more texture to the bodywork.

I will probably do a bit of tidying up here and there but otherwise the build is done - though I do need to sort the cockpits, namely sorting out the gap I have when they are in place.

Anyway, onto some pictures...

Hell Blade No. 1










Hell Blade No. 2








And one quick shot of the bases without the 'Blades:


7 comments:

  1. Did you use a dremmel type tool to rough up the flat resin sections? Seems a bit risky on an expensive model.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed, looking forward to the paint job :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very, very well done - tastefully tentacular! Looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice, I like them.
    I really like how you eroded the resin with the Dremel. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheers for the comments.

    Muskie: It was pretty safe using the Dremel as unless you put some force behind it it barely makes a mark, it meant I could experiment with risk of ruining the model. If after doing an experimental patch I didn't like it I could of covered it with GS 'flesh' like on other areas of the planes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do something cool with the bases and let me paint them! I love painting bases. Shame I don't have such interest in the models!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funnily enough I have changed the one base this evening as I didn't like the shape or size of the rock on one of them.

    However I wouldn't call it 'cool'.

    ReplyDelete