Pages

Friday 22 May 2015

Chaos Renegade Militia - Breaking out the Infantry

I am finally, finally, getting back to sorting the Militia.

As well as clearing out some unwanted bits (see last post) my main priority is getting the infantry knocked into shape and in line with Imperial Armour Vol 13.

The reason for this is that the sooner I get them sorted the sooner I can post them down under to Sheep to paint. He has been itching to make a start for some time now and I don't want to let him down...

So today I got all the infantry out to work out what needs to be done.

It is a lot.


That is all of the infantry laid out into their units.

There is a mixed bunch of things unbuilt, partially built, built but needing the bases done and completely finished.

The bases you see are units that haven't been started yet.

The main reason for doing this is so that I could get an appreciation of what I need to do and also to help me plan out how to tackle it. I've made a chart listing every model and what stage it is at, As I finish a stage I'll cross it off.


The aim to have every box red.

The pics below show what each entry is far better:




The artillery crews (E) are for my Gun Emplacements. I will be using the rules in IA13 for the Artillery Carriages which come with four crew. The only different is I won't be able to move them during a game (which you need a Trojan for anyway which I won't have after selling mine).


You may notice on the chart that the Rough Riders (G above) and Vets/Disciples (H & J below) have an extra box to be filled - one called 'Mould'. This is because I need to do moulds for a number of pieces (most importantly the legs for the RR and carapace armoured torsos for the Vets/Disciples) and cast them up in the numbers I need. Col Gravis of Curious Constructs sculpted the pieces for me.





A number of the infantry may look finished in the squads above, but a lot need finishing off (pouches etc), repairs or weapon changes due to now using the IA13 list.

My plan is to take them on unit by unit and get each one finished in turn, rather than getting distracted and jumping from one thing to another.

I am also thinking about getting the 'easy' units done first and getting them sent to Sheep first, he can then make a start on those as he is able to it them in giving me time to get the trickier units (Vets, Rough Riders, Ogryn) sorted.

So with that I am going to start the first units this weekend, namely the HQ units (A, B, C).

Fingers crossed for an update showing them finished this Monday...

2 comments:

  1. Mother of god. . . What have I signed up for

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too late now, I sent you a list and you agreed...

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.