So while I spent the weekend finishing off my desk and sorting/organising gear in the spare (aka Hobby) room I opened a box to find some bridges I last worked on five and a half years ago...though I did briefly have them out of their box when I was working on the Realm of Battle River Panels
As I had spent so long moving, repacking and so on I decided a minor distraction was called for to work on these.
Originally I planned to keep these very modular and not glue them together, doing that meant I could field on longer than normal - however I decided I was just never going to do that as my rivers only need the standard length of bridge.
My plan was also to come up with a joining strip to allow the bridges to be fielded as one extra wide bridge. But I've now decided I can't be arsed with all that. The bridges are wide enough for a super heavy already so it hardly matters.
As you can see in the pics back in July 2009 I added some lights to the bridges. I admit when I glued the bridges together yesterday I glued them together wrong...the lights were meant to be at opposite corners to each other...oops.
I added a new element to them in that at the bottom of each pole I mounted a ball bearing and inside each bracket I added a magnet.
I plan on adding a little more 40k feel to them by adding something to each corner of each bridge, options currently are:
They are now back in their box. Hopefully to see the light of day again sometime before 2020.
Back to the Junka...