Pages

Monday 30 January 2012

Defensive Walls & 3D Printing 5

So I made a small mounting plate and did a couple of casts...



I have finalised the plinth as well. It is officially Option B Mk 4.

I changed the base slightly, changing width at the base and chaning the chamfer so it ran up to the main body. The only other change was to add the recesses and the shallow holes. These are for when I have some of the plinths set up as terrain or damaged where the upper wall piece isn't in place. The shallow holes will be drilled out, the holes are for the locking bars to be hammered into to secure the upper wall panel (that make sense?).


Basically the mounting plates will be fitted inside the recess as shown below...


I am going to go ahead with this option - the 3D print will be ordered tonight...

In the meantime I am going to crack on with casting some walls and adding the mounting plates - i'll be doing a second mould of each to speed things up (though I am waiting for some rubber to arrive before doing the mould for the wall pieces).

Hopefully the 3D print won't take long to arrive again.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the texture of the barrier in the top picture Rictus, it looks very realistic.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.