So yeah, started the second Blight Drone.
Keep in mind this is very, very (very) WIP.
My aim is to make this second Drone to look different to the first, so I cracked out the GS along with a knife, a saw and some sugar.
I filled in some of the 'wounds' on the body as well as adding some fleshy growths (as I did on the first in different areas). As you can see I have removed all of the cables, I will be adding new ones as before but in a different configuration. Also added a bit of sugar to the carapace to give a different texture.
For the other half of the body I took a saw to it to change the shape, I wanted it more stretched out so give me the pose I wanted with it mounted on the base. Keep in mind I haven't finished the GS yet, esp the area lower left.
I made a start on the base. Same sized MDF disc with one of the cast ruins added. Brass rod runs through the ruin and through the MDF. Again I stress this is very WIP, so work in progress progress can barely be claimed to of taken place.
And with the Drone blu-tac'd in place...
Fingers crossed i'll get a bit more done tomorrow worthy of another update.