Thursday, 16 July 2015

Ogryn Renegade Berserkers 2

A post actually involving models.

The dogs are now done, though as you can see in the last pictures the glue on the bases is still drying so I will look to do a bit more clean up later as well as give them a quick grey primer so check the joins etc.

So to begin...the dogs were built and I got them based (bar the sand) on bike bases. The first one I did I spent an age shaving back the bit of resin each claw was on then I pinned that to the base. The resin is so soft I am amazed I didn't break a foot off.

After that I cut holes in the base to allow me to lower the foot piece into the base so that the claw is above the surface. Under the base I used styrene to form a level the resin could be glued to. One awkward thing I had to overcome is that was glued in position the feet didn't exactly line up.






So I got to the stage where the sand needed to be added...and then decided I didn't like them on the bike bases so ripped them all off and did the same again on 40mm bases...





Next up will be seeing what clean up these need and tackling the Ogryn themselves.

7 comments:

  1. Lol talk about punishing yourself! I know what you mean though - if you hadn't changed the bases they would've bugged you forever! They look great though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I would never have been happy if I hadn't of made the move to the 40mm bases.

      Delete
  2. The move to the larger rounder bases was a smart move. They look a lot more dynamic in the space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree very much with Gregg. Good choice.

      Delete
    2. Yeah they definitely look better on the round bases. The bike bases were too long and narrow for the models and the 40mm bases are a far better fit.

      So well worth the extra time and work.

      Delete
  3. Hey mate just found your blog while looking for motivation and references for my own R&H army and your the renegades are looking awesome. Might have to borrow your great idea with the boxes to keep track of what has and hasn't been finished. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much.

      Borrow away as I took the idea from Mordian 7th blog. It's a handy way to track your progress.

      Delete