Pages

Sunday 17 March 2013

Looted Wagons 28

Work has progressed a bit on the Looted Wagon...



So the turret and exhausts are basically done done, still need to do some GS welds and a bit of detail but otherwise I'll be able to move onto the next area (the sponsons) soon.

For the exhausts I went for something different on each side. I one side I kept the original Rhino detailing except for a new top piece, for the other side I went for a FW inspired Heresy era exhausts which called for the original exhausts to be removed as well as some material cut out from the hull.


The area between the exhausts will get a sponson so that hole in the middle on the right will be covered up.

The Skorcha turret proved more work intensive. This is the Mk II version as I abondoned the first version after a few hours. It just wasn't working.



So next up will be looting some Russ sponsons for it. Then it'll be the reinforced ram.

4 comments:

  1. Greetings,
    I just ran into your work today and I've been reading and reviewing what you have created. I'm blown away by your fine work. I can't wait to read more. and see it too.

    I have a question about this tank turret, what did you use for the lines running from the storage tank to the gun barrel? I love the textured look of that wire.
    D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apologies, I have just found a load of comments that hadn't been published or been notified about.

      Thanks for the comment. Please see below regarding the cable...

      Delete
  2. Hi
    can you tell me what was used for the cable from the turret to the barrel on the back of the turret.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apologies, I have just found a load of comments that hadn't been published or been notified about.

      The cable is a 'wire wrapped cable' from Zinge Industries. Very useful things and available in different sizes.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.