While I am now feeling a lot better than I was I am finding I still have little time to do any hobby stuff due to work annoyingly taking over.
All I have managed is the odd half hour here or there on a couple of mini-projects.
The first one is trying out the AdMech icon I cast up on a base.
I thought about having the icon popping out of some rubble, so I set about knocking one up.
By angling the mould you can get some part casts which are perfect for that half buried look...
All they need is a quick sand for a flat base and then they can glue them in place onto a base (a mini or a terrain base).
After an undercoat it looks like this:
Considering how quick I knocked it up with really very little care I think it looks decent enough. With more time spent putting one together I think the part angled casts will be perfect for this sort of thing.
It is now going to go into a box as I've got no use for it, I only built it as I wanted to see how the casts would turn out. I don't use the big flyer oval bases for my aircraft and I don't have any use for a rubble base so this is a bit unneeded to say the least.