Sunday, 19 January 2014

Blessings of the Plaguefather - Scabeiathrax 4 & Plague Drones 1

Update time (rejoice if you are so inclined).

Scabeiathrax 4

Scabby is getting painted. This is still early with lots more to do.

Still need a bit more work on the skin needed, plus teeth, eyes, horns, pus, 'discharge', blood and a few other things to do. Plus of course the base and associated Nurglings.

Plague Drones 1.

Well these are fun.

And by 'fun' I of course mean a pain in the bloody arse. In hindsight it would of been far better to leave the wings and legs off for painting as I can't get into paint areas of the body or wings. I'm rushing them because I am fed up with them already. Still a lot to do (unfortunately).

I know the carapace looks black but it is actually a dark blue. I will add a little highlight but the plan is to gloss varnish the carapace to make it all shiny. I carved into the one carapace and put in a Nurgle icon.

Before I undercoated I did more work on the bodies by using a LGS and sugar mix to add texture - mainly to fill the gap between the two body halves. This seems to be a problem with this kit, the join between the two halves is very noticeable.


  1. Finished up 3 of these myself a while back, and have to agree how difficult they are to paint with the legs and wings on. I ended up just snapping them off in the end, and regluing them. Good progress so far though!

    1. I have to admit I have come very close a few times in breaking the wings and legs off. If (if...) I get more I will definitely paint the legs and wings before attaching them as it will save so much time and hassle.

  2. Good Lord! Paint!

    Good start mate, coming along very nicely.

  3. Looking really nice mate, shame about the design issue of the flys.

  4. Cheers for the comments.

    And you are one to talk Nife...

    1. I don't know 'what' you mean...