Pages

Monday 25 December 2017

Blessings of the Plaguefather - Mortal Legions 1

I decided for Age of Sigmar the Nurgle force needed some of Papa Nurgles' mortal followers.

So I picked up three boxes of Blight Kings and from eBay a unit of Nurgle Ogres and a unit of Blight Trolls.

Blight Kings


For these I tried to add some minor conversion, weapon/head swaps etc to bring some variety. I didn't want to do more than that as when they are all fielded as a unit it won't really be an issue.






Plague Ogres.

I do really like the Plague Ogres, very nice sculpts. Other than some GS gap filling they went together really easily. Managed to find three 50mm bases for them. 60mm just looked too big.


Bile Trolls.

The Bile Trolls were an absolute bitch to put together. Pinning, GS, dremel and so on were all needed. Lots of gaps and things not lining up. The one arm just did not fit at all.

Apart from that really nice models...


To show how big the Ogres and Trolls are here is a scale shot. Keep in mind the Blight King is big anyway...




That is probably all the mortal units I'll add. I already have five Blight Kings and on top of those I have Tamurkhan to lead them plus his henchman and a couple of leader models.

Today we had the reveal from GW about the forthcoming Nurgle units..

Plastic Beasts of Nurgle...finally.

So yeah, will definitely be adding some of those, the rest not so in a rush to get. Will be interesting to see what those Plaguebearer character models are and the GUO, if he looks ok in scale compared to Scabby then i'll add one, if he's too big then I don't see much point in getting one.

4 comments:

  1. They look very imposing - I’ve now added them to my list of monsters for WHQ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely - Looking forward to seeing 'em come together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey There !
    My name is Joshua Stawiarski Co - Editor Of TalkWargaming.com

    Sorry if this message is presented in a spammy way as I’ve been but a lot of wargamers it seems are hard to contact .

    I wanted to inquire about if you would be interested in selling published content you’ve already created that's on your website to us over here at talkwargaming.com as we are looking to diversify our content to expand our readership.

    If you are interested or have questions we can go over more details at: editortalkwargaming@gmail.com
    Put In The Subject Heading : “ Wargame Creator ”

    Looking forward to hearing from you,
    Sincerely,
    Co - Editor Of talkwargaming.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.