Pages

Wednesday 5 June 2013

Of Daemons and Deathwing part 2

I thought I would show a few pictures from the gaming at the weekend.

Keep in mind some armies shown (i.e. mine) are still WIP, so excuse the unpainted figures.

First up the Daemons facing off against some Nids.

Turns out I haven't quite got the hang of flyers yet. As such in the three games the Daemons had the Blight Drones basically committed suicide almost everytime, though as each game passed they (or rather I) did better.




Stupid hover mode. Drone got taken out by the Melanthrope.
First game the Daemons got hammered.

Second was an improvement. I managed to (just) get away with the Relic.





The Relic is blu tac'd to his head.
That way he couldn't drop it.
I have to say the Plague Drones proved much better than I expected. They were tough to kill off and were able to take on Monstrous Creatures. If I ever add more to the army I am sure i'll add more of those.

For the third game we added a big bugger to each army.

So roll out the FW Great Unclean One. Who shall henceforth be known as Scabby.





Scabby was awesome.

His final tally was:
19 small critters (gaunts etc) all due to vomiting on them.
2 Zoanthropes.
1 Trygon
1 Barbed Heirodule
Plus all bar one of the Tyrants wounds (so close...)

Game ended in a draw.

Following on from the Daemons the Deathwing took to the Zone Mortalis stage first facing off against the Nids before taking on some Space Wolves.

Been a long time since I played Marines and it showed. First game didn't even go to the last turn as I decided to save myself some punishment and surrender.

I kept throwing away the Terminator squad and Belial in suicidal deepstrikes, which while amusing didn't do me much good.



I hate Ravenors




The Deathwing won the last two games against the Space Wolves. This even after once more throwing the one squad & Belial away.

Highlight of that game was getting the two contemptors into the perfect position - one to hit the Wolves Dreadnought with a Multi Melta at close range when it only had one Hull Point left and the Mortis being able to open up on a Terminator squad. All shots hit. Only for the Melta to roll 3 on the penetration roll (I needed 4 or more) and the Terminators to make five invulnerable saves which meant only two died. Stupid Space Pups. Still, in the end I wiped them out.


The last game also saw the Deathwing victorious. Didn't think it was going my way when the Deathwing Knights & Belial got stuck behind a closed door, but thankfully the Contemptor came to the rescue by taking out a couple of Space Wolves and the door with one shot from his multi melta, the Knights then took out the other Wolves and the Dreadnought.

We managed to slip in something a bit different between the games of 40k. Namely Malifaux.







I won. No idea how as I didn't know what was happening most of the time.

Should be getting some more games in of Malifaux in the future, them I am holding off getting any figures* as I have far too many things to do already.

*for the foreseeable future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.