Sunday, 17 August 2014

Deadzone, Infinity and a Castle.

So last weekend civilisation was left behind as myself and Maelstrom left the mainland to visit the Isle known as Wight for out latest group gathering with Nife.

As this gathering we tried out two new games, Deadzone and Infinity...


For some reason I only tended to get pictures of the back of models.


We all rather enjoyed Deadzone, was a good laugh and pretty quick to pick up.


Annoyingly almost all the pictures turned out crap, here are the only two that were passable:

I did manage to get some decent pictures of Maelstroms religious nut models (no idea of their name).

Have to say I wasn't won over by Infinity, it seems a game you might as well flip a coin at the beginning to see who wins. I won the first two games we tried, but I seemed to win both without actually doing anything and in the same amount of time it took to set up we got in about three games.

In addition to those we got in a game of Zombicide (always good fun) and my robot team beat Nife's Orx team in Dreadball 4-0, which considering by the final turn I had two dead players, two more off the pitch and one player knocked down I find the fact I won surprising.

While there we visited a castle...

I do like a good castle.

At some point I will get to working on some models again.

Monday, 4 August 2014

Dreadball 1

I've not died. I've just been busy.

Nothing has been done on the Blight Drone since the last post but I have started putting the Dreadball team together. My hope was to get them done for the next meet up, however that starts this Friday so that isn't going to happen.

I picked the robots for my team. In all honesty I don't like most of the teams Mantic have done, esp the Xenos ones, I think in the main they are pretty horrible.

I have to be even more honest and say I really don't like Mantic models, I can't stand this material they use.

This team is not going to be brilliantly painted, I am going for a very basic build and paint job. I got so annoyed just putting the first three together I nearly chucked the whole lot of them and didn't touch them again for a week.

I have so far only got three in a PIP state and a further two assembled

I couldn't be bothered with the shiny look Mantic use, I wanted a battered, dirty look instead.

Still need to do more weathering on these three and also pick out some detail like the 'eye'.

Sooner I get them built the better, it's the only set of Mantic models I intend on buying and the sooner I can say I never have to clean one up again the better.

On a positive note the game itself is very good.

Saturday, 19 July 2014

Blessings of the Plaguefather - Blight Drone II - 6

Some more progress on the base...

Decided to add a poster. I did these propaganda posters ages ago and while I have seen a few other people use them this is the first time I have actually used one myself other than a few test goes. The post on RD I did covering them is still one of the most viewed pages on here.

Went for the Cadian one as it's a classic. And suits some of my terrain which has Cadian equipment knocking around.

Also on the base I did the discharge.

I wanted a different effect than on the first drone, for a number of reasons - 1. to give some variety between the two 2. to bring different contrast between the gunk and the ruin and 3. I can't remember how I did the first one.

I tried lots of things and nothing seemed to work.

Then I just went for the whole bloody-pussy-discharge instead.

The drone itself has got more paint on it now, base coats and the start of the washes. Lots more to do yet.

Tuesday, 15 July 2014

Blessings of the Plaguefather - Blight Drone II - 5

More on the Drone base...

I added the 'discharge', as before made out of glue gun glue, 2 part epoxy and LGS.

With the Drone in place...

Since then the base has had some more paint...

The discharge is very much PIP.

Monday, 14 July 2014

Blessings of the Plaguefather - Blight Drone II - 4

Not had chance to do much recently but I have got a bit done over the last 2 or 3 days.

The plan was for my next post to be on my Dreadball team, however due to a. hating working on them and b. making a stupid mistake while doing the first three they are now on hold till I can get enough enthusiasm to pick them up again.

So instead we have an update on the Blight Drone.

The Blight Drone has been undercoated (bar the weapons which I forgot) but I have mainly been working on the base.

The inside floor has been painted and all the washes done, darker towards the back as light wouldn't get in there that well with the first floor in place.

The first floor also got done, mainly the underside as obviously it'll be tricky to paint that once it is in place. Quick job as it will rarely be seen.

The top also got some paint but it will be worked on a lot more than this.

The floor was then glued in place...

...and the gaps filled in and the rubble added.

Since these pics I have done a bit more but that can wait till the next update tomorrow or Wednesday.

Thursday, 3 July 2014

Blessings of the Plaguefather - Blight Drone II - 3

It has been a while since I did anything to the second Blight Drone.

So let us rectify that now.

I've added all the cables. I also added a little GS to the carapace, partly because I had some mixed up and partly because it will help tie it in with the Decimator and Plague Hulk. Even though I remodelled the rear end and the cables have a different configuration the GS on the front will give an instant visual difference between the two Blight Drones.

I also put together the four fans, I'll paint these separate before gluing in place.

The ruin on the base had some attention from the Dremel I also filled in the odd gap with GS.

That's all for tonight.