Pages

Thursday 28 May 2015

Chaos Renegade Militia - Infantry Build Redux 2

Still chipping away at the Infantry.

God I hate building these.

You may notice unlike the last squad which was armed with lasguns these guys are armed with autoguns, this means using FW arms along with the FW torsos. This is a double dose of annoyance and frustration. Lots of filling, things not lining up, different sized pieces and so on. If I hadn't already spent so much time (and let's not forget money) on the army I'd chuck the lot and do a Militia army based on the GW Scions. Or do Krieg.

But anyway. let's be positive. Just past half way point on Infantry Squad A.


To help the squad leader stand out I re-based him on a bit of rock.

Still to finish off for these are a plasma gunner, an icon bearer and six troopers.

They will be made from this lot.


As you can see I have already pulled one guys arm off after spending the best part of an hour trying to get the arms to line up. And broken another up into bits (out of pure petulant annoyance I admit, it was either that or prowl the streets looking for someone to hurt).

By the end of the weekend I want this squad to be finished so I can move onto the next one (may do the HQ Command Squad next before diving into the final Infantry Squad).

I will now publicly apologise to Sheep as these will not be the perfect builds I am sure he was hoping for to paint. I am however sure however that regardless of my lack of building skills the final result will be excellent.


In other news I am thinking of putting together an Inq28 warband...

Marine with Heavy Bolter, Navigator, Enforcer with doggy & Krieg Quartermaster.
.

9 comments:

  1. The infantry just never ends, do it? Regarding the Inq28 force, I can't wait to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It never seems to. At least I'm not painting them.

      Won't be for a while I start building the Inq28 warband(s), just mulling things over at the moment.

      Delete
  2. I should bookmark this page for that apology, could come in handy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could engrave it into styrene for you and include it in the first package?

      Delete
  3. I know your pain, i'm currently building up a renegade force and the infantry are just hell to put together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel your paint on FW stuff lining up. Looks good though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Malduran & Greg - I should have given up six years ago after the first unit made me want to scream.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good man - greenstuff is just requisite for assembling those models. Awesome looking models, but definitely a paint in the butt to assemble.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went one further and chopped up those guns to use them with the arms from the ungor kit. That works very well look wise and the poses are more believable.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.