Pages

Saturday 22 November 2014

Recalcitrant Daze - ticking over.

So I am still ill and been in no state to work on any models.

But I have been doing stuff. Mainly buying more models and pottering about.

The Heresy Weekender tickets arrived - yay...


...but I am still waiting for Conquest to arrive, a bit annoying as I know plenty of people have had theirs arrive early. Bugger.

One thing I did build was this:


I used my entire stock of Finnboard doing that, and 'what is it?' I hear you ask...well something I have wanted for ages, namely a storage and organiser for my styrene strip. No longer will I have to spend ages trying to find a particular strip in the draw.



While doing that I also got a couple of hooks and a bungee to sort out my sheet materials:


I mentioned buying things didn't I? Well after picking up IA13 I have had Militia on my mind. I wanted to add a bit more of the chaos into them, something with just rank and file Militia it is hard to do - I didn't want to add Mutants or similar units but I felt they lacked something to set them a bit more apart from Guard.

Now I have always been a fan of the Renegade Ogryn and not long after doing my regular search of ebay I found these in my possession:


A cool thing with the Oggie unit in IA13 is that they combined the regular Berserker Ogryn unit with the Packmaster & his hounds unit. I wanted to take advantage of that and add even more character to the unit.

I like the FW hounds but don't like the Packmaster model. So as an alternative I went for the Warhammer Forge Skaven Wolf Rats. The full unit would therefore be four Ogryn and five Hounds.


Scale wise the Wolf Rats are certainly big enough, with their heads on they will be longer than an Ogryn is tall.


While rummaging around trying to sort some things out I came accross a box full of bits i haven't seen in ages. I did these for a participation board at a Games Day I ran a few years ago now.




I will have to re-work some of them and put them to some use again. If you want to see more of them including WIP shots have a look here.


While stuck killing time I came across a great blog which I encourage all to look at. A Galaxy in Flames - the WIP Istvaan III gaming board are worth paying it a visit alone.


I am hoping to get back onto the Junka tomorrow. Fingers crossed there will be an update in the week on it.

4 comments:

  1. Good idea for the plasticard, I have so much of the stuff now after doing up the Istvaan Table, a storage solution like this is perfect.

    Glad you like our blog, hope you don't mind but I added yours to our blog roll. Some great ideas and solid hobby in here!

    Keepy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly don't mind, always nice to see someone appreciates your blog and wants to share it with others...you should find yours in the blog roll on the right as well - finally got round to updating it with half a dozen new blogs including Galaxy in Flames,

      Delete
  2. I like the idea for the hounds. I don't care for the packmaster either. I've also thought about using these from puppetswar for the hounds:
    http://puppetswar.com/product.php?id_product=259

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are very nice, must admit if I had seen those earlier I might have gone for those instead.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.